Thanks for a great script.

Recommend this page to a friend!

Marquee  >  All threads  >  Thanks for a great script.  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Thanks for a great script.
Summary:Package rating comment
Author:Ron Bigus
Date:2011-03-19 13:39:41
Update:2013-11-27 17:49:57

Ron Bigus rated this package as follows:

Utility: Good
Consistency: Good
Examples: Good

1. Thanks for a great script.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Ron Bigus Ron Bigus - 2011-03-19 13:39:41
Thanks for a great script. I thought you might like to see my usage
I have a service that users subscribe to for videos of communities and this script worked well for the display.
coldwellbankerpcfl.com/

2. Re: Thanks for a great script.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Arturs Sosins Arturs Sosins - 2011-03-19 19:25:58 - In reply to message 1 from Ron Bigus
Hey, thank you for feedback.
I love to see what people can come up with, using of my classes.
I wanted to create a section in class documentations, like sites, that are using this script, but usually there are not enough feedback for this.
So thanks to you, I might try to start it as tradition and add your site. ;)

3. Re: Thanks for a great script.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Sophia Molen Sophia Molen - 2012-12-07 23:10:15 - In reply to message 2 from Arturs Sosins
Hi Arturs,

I used your marquee packages too! Really happy with you class. Wanna see it in action? http://blogandthecity.net
I used two of them, one on the right of the content and the other one on the left. I have some questions about improving them. Would you like to help me out? I like to make them as long as the webpage. Or just the same length. Please e-mail me at info@blogandthecity.net

Kind regards!

4. Re: Thanks for a great script.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Arturs Sosins Arturs Sosins - 2012-12-08 11:43:51 - In reply to message 3 from Sophia Molen
Wow, that looks awesome ;)

To control the size of the marquee you simple need to set it using CSS in #marquee and #marquee2, and then apply marquee javascript class.

If you want to make it the size of the page, then you need to catch the event when page is loaded, then dynamically set the height of the page to the marquee container and only then apply marquee script to that container.

Think that should work ;)

5. Re: Thanks for a great script.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Graham Jessiman Graham Jessiman - 2013-11-27 13:25:11 - In reply to message 1 from Ron Bigus
Thank you for a wonderful script

I would like to reverse the direction of the scroll by clicking on a button, is this possible?

6. Re: Thanks for a great script.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Arturs Sosins Arturs Sosins - 2013-11-27 17:49:57 - In reply to message 5 from Graham Jessiman
Not out of the box, but it might be possible to implement that.

You can try doing something like:
var m = new marquee("marqueehor");
m.horizontal();

//and then to switch it
m.conf.backwards = !m.conf.backwards

Have not tried but it might work ;)