I'm getting an ip rejected error

Recommend this page to a friend!

E-mail validation  >  All threads  >  I'm getting an ip rejected error  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:I'm getting an ip rejected error
Summary:I'm getting an ip rejected error
Author:Travis Jones
Date:2015-03-26 04:33:44

1. I'm getting an ip rejected error   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Travis Jones Travis Jones - 2015-03-26 04:33:44
I am running this command: "node testEmailValidation.js [myusername]@me.com"

I get this error when it finishes: "S 550 5.7.1 Mail from IP [my ip address] was rejected due to listing in Spamhaus PBL."

I have my own webserver setup for testing and I can successfully send/receive email, so does anyone happen to know why I'm having trouble using this JavaScript class?

If you need anymore info just tell me.

Thanks, Travis :)

2. Re: I'm getting an ip rejected error   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2015-03-26 05:17:53 - In reply to message 1 from Travis Jones
That means that your server IP address is listed in the SpamHaus blacklist, so the servers that care about that blacklist may block messages sent to the email address being tested.

You need to check the SpamHaus black list site to figure why your IP address is listed.

spamhaus.org/

3. Re: I'm getting an ip rejected error   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Travis Jones Travis Jones - 2015-03-27 11:45:14 - In reply to message 2 from Manuel Lemos
Thanks for replying so quickly! I guess that's the bad part of running a server from home. Thanks for making this class though, it's still good! :)