Hash doesn't display in a Frameset

Recommend this page to a friend!

jsGET  >  All threads  >  Hash doesn't display in a Frameset  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Hash doesn't display in a Frameset
Summary:If a user
Author:Scott Hicks
Date:2011-02-27 21:01:23
Update:2011-02-28 08:23:08

1. Hash doesn't display in a Frameset   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Scott Hicks Scott Hicks - 2011-02-27 21:01:23
First, I'd like to say that I love your class. I've noticed an error. I use a frameset to mask the true location of an admin directory for my site so that clients just see a nice host.com/admin/ instead of host.com/admin/client_title_here/. This allows me to organize clients by folder.

I've found a work-around for Firefox only. I use your class and then after I call that I have:

parent.location.hash = 'page=' + url;

Now, this puts the tag back into the browser hash BUT ONLY for Firefox. Now back to my question, is there a way to fix the above bug I'm having? Or is a framset just not the correct solution?

2. Re: Hash doesn't display in a Frameset   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Fabian Vogelsteller Fabian Vogelsteller - 2011-02-28 08:23:08 - In reply to message 1 from Scott Hicks
i dont understand your problem completely. you open a frame set and in there you use jsGET, is that right?
then you should not use parent.location, or do you try to add the hash string to the parent location?, then you should create a listener with a function which always when the hash change put it back to the parent window. but iam not sure if this works, in never tested it in a iframe.

iam not sure if when you call jsget from an iframe it adds the hash top the invisible address bar or to the parent window address bar, i think the second.

so iam not quite sure how you use jsget..

fabian